Tuesday 9 April 2013

Final Contour Model (Site) - Ashlee Crane




We were asked to use our refined contour drawing for our contour model/site. I looked at my refined drawing and began to analyse the shapes and where I could join lines to make the contour more flowing. I did this so I didn't have lots of little contour islands popping up, instead making it a functional site for our next task. I completed my first contour model using foam board and proceeded on doing a section of it that is to the 420mm x 420mm scale.


To do this I then took an image on my camera as flat as possible and uploaded it. I customised it by cropping, squaring and then increasing the size of the image to 420mm x 420mm. I was then able to print it out onto an A2 sheet and use as a 1:1 scale of my final contour shapes.


This is the result constructed out of foam board. I added some height at the bottom so it would be over the minimum height required (75mm). The height reached is about 80mm. I am happy with the final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment