Monday 29 April 2013

Mass and Void - Daniel Finucane

I decided on placing my mass and void model in this location over the latter because there was alot more opportunity to connect the mass and void model to the surrounding contour model. I saw the low gap between the two 'hills' as a sort of river that flows under the model.


 These triangles on the front of my model were evident in all of my wooden, planar and wire models, so i thought it was important to include them into my mass and void model.


The picture below shows the final model that I developed. I made it out of polystyrene which was very difficult to do and would have been impossible to hold together without the use of pins. The pyramid legs that I used help to support the model on different contour layers, as well as connecting my mass and void model to my wooden, planar and wire models through the triangular theme.


I think of the way the triangles point upward as being an infinite void, because the void would just carry on increasing in size if you drew imaginary lines extending out from the triangles.



No comments:

Post a Comment