Tuesday 16 April 2013

Planar, Wire and Wood models




I created my planar models to focus on the lines that I could see in my acetate model of my refined contour. From looking through the top of my acetate model to the bottom (base) of the acetate. I saw that there were some lines that reflected from the top through the bottom, so I used this as my focus point to create my planar model. On practicing this I found the curved line were more interesting to reflect between the two, the straight lines were not bringing out the ideas that I wanted to represent as well as the curve lines did.




I created my wire model to focus on the void space, I created the spiraling area as there were two connecting circles from the top to the base, however as the base circle was slightly larger, I focused on reflecting this on the interior space from my acetate model. I enjoyed using the wire as my material for this model as I liked the way I could curve the material to suit the lines from the contour on the acetate model that these aspired from. 






My wooden model, I focused on the circular points of my acetate model and decided to relate the relationships between them, using the wood to make connective marks between the circles. I found that the wooden model didn't quite reflect the cube that I had made my acetate model from although I found this interesting to see it form a more triangular shape rather than that of a cube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment