Tuesday 2 April 2013

Negotiating The Void . Model Making by William Howse

I found that my wire model was by far the most challenging to complete. It posed many problems including the difficulty involved when trying to join two pieces of wire together. It took me a few experiments to get the wire joining not to distract from my attempt to show the interior space.

My paper model was my most successful and involved creasing and folding. It definitely illustrates the interior space and the overall shape certainly represents the interior relationships rather than the exterior alone.

The wooden model was challenging with regards to joining the bass wood together - until I tried super glue which dried fast and held it together securely (unlike other glues which would break easily or require excessively long drying times).


1 comment:

  1. William, it is good to see your interest in the materials and analysis of successful techniques. It would good to see you apply the same interest in discussing the development and process you had while constructing the interior spaces with each of the models.

    ReplyDelete