Wednesday 17 April 2013

Symmetry, Asymmetry and Balance Charette - Selwyn Guo

Symmetric Model

My first model represents symmetry, the cube framework is formed with wooden sticks and two more sticks on each side. When spinned around on the base of the cube frame it resembles rotational symmetry.

Asymmetric Model

This second model represents asymmetry, five wooden sticks are pointed outwards from a center point on the wooden stand. The sticks spreads out in different angles to demonstrate asymmetry.
 

Balance

The last model shows balance. The weight of the H-shaped structure is spread across evening and is balancing at the center, on top of a tripod stand.

All of my models are made with wooden Popsicle sticks and masking tape. Overall I'm happy with the results, but if I was given extra time during the charette I would like to explore different materials for the models to express the symmetry, asymmetry and balance ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment